You’ve found the one! A house, I mean. Now you need to get your West Baton Rouge utilities set up and don’t know where to start. Here’s what you need to do:
West Baton Rouge uses Entergy for Electricity:
- Call Entergy to create an account. 1-800-368-3749
- Call the Parish for your permit. 225-749-2909
- Brusly- go to bruslyla.com/government/forms/
- Click “Residential Occupancy Permit”
- You can either print, fill out and drop it off or you can e-mail it to the office
- The cost of the permit is $25.
- Port Allen, Addis will call 225-336-2434 for your permit. The cost should be $10.
- Please note- the office closes at Noon on Fridays.
* If you are NOT in the incorporated areas of West Baton Rouge, an inspection is required before they can switch over utilities. This includes a large area of Port Allen, Brusly and Addis. Please allow appropriate time to get your inspection done prior to your utility start date.
You will get your water/trash/sewer/gas utility services through West Baton Rouge Parish Public Utilities.
- You will go to the office to apply for your service. Please have your lease agreement/purchase contract and your driver’s license. There is a drive through on the side of the building so you don’t have to get out of your car. The address is 880 N. Alexander Port Allen, LA 70767
- If you don’t have gas, the deposit is $50. If you have gas, the deposit is $175.
Hope this helps you out!